We hope you are well and had a good weekend. Further to previous notices, here is an update on infection control measures and other activities taking place at the Three Links Care Centre:
Our Leadership Team continues to hold regular briefings, participate in Health Authority teleconferences and practice outbreak protocols. We are also continuing to hold monthly meetings of the Family Advisory and Occupational Health and Safety Committees.
With the addition of a few new staff to our team, we are thankful that we have been able to retain most of our care staff with the new BC policy requiring staff to work at just one care home. We are continuing to monitor the policy’s impact closely.
Thank You Support Staff
In our last update, we announced June as Support Service month at Three Links. As we did in May with our excellent nursing team, we presented Long Service Awards to staff members celebrating special anniversaries in 2020.
We have also placed a special ad in the local newspaper celebrating the support service teams courage and commitment during the current COVID 19 pandemic. Thank you!!
Art and Music Therapy Services Returning
With the parameters established by the BC Public Health Orders and one-site policy, we are excited to start reintegrating art and music therapy services for residents. With this step we are monitoring PPE closely to ensure our supply meets demand.
While we comply with provincial health orders regarding family visits, our Three Links team continues to do everything we can to apply technology and innovative site-solutions to maintain contact between residents and loved ones. We will continue to communicate regularly with our Family Advisory Committee and provide updates as the situation evolves.
Depending on provincial COVID 19 infection rates, Dr. Bonnie Henry has said revisions to the current rules may be coming in July. All agree the health and safety of residents, staff and essential contractors will continue to be our top priority.
Meanwhile, our provincial associations continue to work with the BC Health Ministry to facilitate safe family access if the rules change. Here is a link to a letter the BC Care Providers Association delivered to Dr. Bonnie Henry last week offering guidance and assistance regarding family visits.
Our Three Links team continues to receive many meaningful gestures of community support during this time of crisis. It means so much to all of us. In addition to a video message from Health Minister Adrian Dix and a Global TV News feature on Three Links, we continue to post new messages on the special section we set up on our web-site. Click here to see for yourself.
Check out the new videos and messages we have received, including:
- Video Message from Three Links Director Care Faria Ali and Suzanne Liddle, Director of Community Services at Collingwood Neighbourhood House.
- Video Message from Three Links CEO David Hurford and Simran Chalhotra, Three Links Volunteer Program Assistant and Wellness Committee Coordinator.
- The Chinese Benevolent Association of Vancouver donated 2,000 medical masks. Their Chairman Hilbert Yiu who has been a wonderful member of the Renfrew Collingwood community for as long as we can remember.
- Scott’s Construction, one of our community partners, made a significant donation of N95 masks
- Alzira, one of our long-time contractors, delivered special appreciation cards for our staff
Father’s Day at Three Links
A special Thank You to all the Three Links staff for making Father’s Day special for residents. In addition to an afternoon tea with coffee and yummy donuts, dads were treated to a special pre-recorded performance from one of our wonderful volunteers, Chris Lin. Chris recorded a similar performance for Mother’s Day last month. Check out the video here.
- TLCS July Update July 27, 2020
- A message of appreciation from Board Chair, David Ower July 22, 2020
- LTC Visitation Safety Plan July 21, 2020
- Three Links Update – Designated Social Visitors July 13, 2020
- A message of thanks from Don Davies, MP July 10, 2020
- Royal Society of Canada, COVID-19 and The Future of Long-Term Care July 8, 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- July 2014