The Three Links Care Society has identified recruiting, retaining and nurturing high quality professionals at all levels of the organization as one of the organization’s top strategic priorities. Maintaining a quality team of staff, volunteers and professional contractors has a positive impact on the quality of life for the seniors and families we serve.
To help guide these efforts, Three Links established a dedicated Wellness Committee in 2018 to oversee and help coordinate Three Links retention, recognition, training and professional development policies.
This strategic focus on wellness has proved to be very beneficial throughout the pandemic. Little to no staff attrition has occured during this difficult time and sector-wide human resource crisis.
Three Links Wellness Committee
Chaired by the Three Links CEO, the Wellness Committee meets at least once a month and includes senior staff, volunteer and recreation program coordinators. Since being established, the Three Links Wellness Committee has promoted and developed series of activities, including:
• Training and Professional Development Policy
• Long Service and Volunteer Awards Program
• Peer nominated Credit Card Rewards Program
• Organized Regular special events
• Offered coaching, home finance and counselling services for staff and their families
• Conducted regular wellness and satisfaction surveys
• Story-telling videos
• Regular participation in Safe Care BC activities
• Ongoing professional training on-site
Committee has remained active during the pandemic and outbreak.
Among other things, the Wellness Committee promotes team wellness through an annual calendar of recognition, education and appreciation events and activities. You can read more about these events in our News section here Nurse Recognition,Team Unity, Credit Card Reward.