Position Description – Community Liaison (Contract)
Term: 6 months (with potential for a 6-month renewal) starting January 2018
Hours: Part Time – average 20-25 hours/week
Rate of Pay: $22-27/hour depending on experience
The Three Links Care Society is establishing a community partnership to increase access and awareness of resources available to older adults, frail seniors and their families in Vancouver’s Renfrew Collingwood neighbourhood.
To support this initiative, Three Links is seeking a project director to work with a Steering Committee to launch this innovative neighbourhood partnership over the coming year. Duties will include:
• organizing and coordinating meetings
• following up on action items
• outreach to community partners and key stakeholders
• special event planning
• grant writing
• maintaining a work plan and calendar of activities
• help manage and coordinate professional contractors as needed
The Three Links Care Society operates the 39-unit Three Links Manor independent living residence for older adults with support from BC Housing. Across the street, Three Links also operates the 90-bed Three Links Care Centre Care Centre, which has been delivering complex residential care at their current location for 35 years.
Among other community organizations, Three Links works closely with the Renfrew Collingwood Seniors Society, which has been providing recreation programs and food services to neighbourhood residents for 40 years.
Both organizations deliver community health services on behalf of the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority and both are located within the Three Links Care Centre.
• Community development
• Grant writing
• Working with non-profit organizations
• Familiarity with seniors’ care sector and current issues
• Organized and efficient time manager
• Able to work in unsupervised environments
• Collaboration with professional contractors
• Working within regulated and government environment
• Knowledge of the Renfrew Collingwood neighbourhood
• Database management experience
• Event planning
• Social media, web-site maintenance and public relations
• Related education or training credentials
• Cantonese speaking and writing skills an asset
Applicants will be responsible for their own transportation to and from the Care Centre for meetings and having their own computer technology. Additional expenses will be covered subject to prior approval.
How to Apply
Send cover letter with resume to Alona at firstname.lastname@example.org before December 10, 2017. Contact the same address if you have questions about the position.